Saturday 29 September 2007

The fun begins....

It's about a month after my first adventures on my new scooter "Lola".
Things just don't seem right for some reason. I remember "Bluey" to have great pick up, definately more grunt than this. I start at this point to make myself more aware of the engine, it's specs and the ways performance can be altered.


I bought the Haynes book as well as a few others and set about teaching myself how to give her a checkout. I replaced the plug and went for a ride, it was amazing. The power, the pick up and the ride was smoother. So Stan was right, for a few bucks a new plug makes the ride a joy. But then after about 50kms the problems returned. I took her to the local bike shop where they gave her a good going over but didn't come up with anything solid for me to work with. I called a mate with a timing light and he checked it out, timing adjusted, new plug and things were OK again. This only lasted about 100kms and I started to wonder what I had bought.


I read as much as I could on the subject of engines, faults and symptoms. When riding it feels like an electrical issue but sounds like a bad mixture.



Dodgey Seals! Has to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment