Saturday 29 September 2007

Lola- the Facelift Begins...

I started to find so many issues wrong with my scooter that I decided I had better have a closer look to see what I bought. I had read up on the horror stories of imported Vespa's and started to worry about my safety. I couldn't find the parts I needed right away so decided to look for a list of stuff and when all here from overseas I'd go ahead with the reno.



What I didn't know at the time was how hard it would be to find original parts. During my journey online I met many other Vespa riders also struggling to find parts, and they were happy to have aftermarket parts on their scooter, they just wanted them back on the road. I had come across many licenced parts manufacturers and dealers during my research and started to build up business relationships with a guy in Germany and others in the US, India and NZ. I managed to get some parts in for a group of restorers I had met online and "scootissimo" was born. This also allowed me to find the parts I needed for Lola, some 2nd hand but at least original. I was still a long way off but things were starting to feel better every day.


Lola was still running a bit strange but at least I knew where to start now.


Through a bit of trial and error I learned how to do my own basic mechanical work as the local boys were really not that keen.



Over the last 3 years I have completed a few projects on my scooter. Following are the work blogs to show how I went about them for people needing to do the same tasks. I hope it helps, and to be honest, as a scooterchick, it's been pretty straight forward so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment