Saturday 29 September 2007

Gotta Getta Vespa!!

When I finished school I moved to Adelaide to work. I would often go into the city with friends on Thursday or Friday nights to go shopping or just to sit and drink coffee somewhere interesting. One day when sitting at a groovy café with a couple of friends, a lovely old red Vespa pulled up right in front of us. My jaw dropped as it was so cute and dripping with chrome accessories. I had only ever seen 2 in “real life” but nothing like this.


It was so gorgeous and curvy, more rounded than Gino’s model, with a wider legshield, twin saddle seats, a spare tyre on the rear rack and smaller more distinct tail light.I was brave enough to approach the guy as he came out of the café, and asked him what model it was. The curvier model was apparently a 1960’s VBB. So now I had a new goal to strive for. The VBC was now second on my list to the lovely VBB. He told me he had searched for 12 months and finally found an old bike to restore. It took him 2 years to finish it as parts were hard to find back then, but as I stood staring at his workmanship, I was very impressed and of course wanted one even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment