Saturday 29 September 2007

Hey Kid, it's not a coin operated ride- Get Off !!

One sunny Sunday I set off to the shops to get the milk and paper, when I came out of the shop I noticed my scooter on it's side and a small kid of about 6 running to get in a car, quickly shoved by his father before he slammed the door and took off in a cloud of dust without so much as an apology.



Bugger! Legshield trim smashed on one side, legshield bent and paint cracked but not chipped. The mudguard copped it pretty badly though and would need a paint as would the engine cowl.


Lola was a very distinct shade of purple all over when I bought her, with all white trim. Not a new paintjob but it was still in good condition. These few scratches would need attention or they'd rust away here in Portland. I decided to see if I could find a paint match so took the smallest painted item I could find to the paint shop, the fuel cap.



They put it through their special machine but couldn't match it, declaring after about 15 minutes it must have been a home made blend and would be impossible to match perfectly. I didn't want a full respray- or at least was out of my budget at that stage. It would have been nice, but just not possible. So what do you do? The interim measure would be to patch and paint the damaged areas and save like mad for a respray. But what colour to go with?

No comments:

Post a Comment