Thursday 26 November 2009

Removing the silent blocks / engine mounts

Happy Thanksgiving!

I got some garage time with my 3-year-old son this morning and removed four silent blocks from my two TV175 cases.

I heated the case (not the blocks) with propane first and then applied the "SB removal tool" and it came off easily.

Using a ratchet allowed me the strength to turn it out without much of hassle.
I repeated the process for my spare TV175 engine.
And away I put the cases.

Thanx to local club member Mike C., who loaned me is SB removal tool. I have one as well, but it needs three cuts in the pipe and then it is done.

If you're interested in making one it doesn't take much and will cost no more than $10.

I have plans right HERE to make your own SB Removal Tool. It's really easy. I designed this before I saw Mike C.'s. And they are basically the exact same concept, except mine was made of scrap and cost me no more than $2.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment