Friday 27 November 2009

I am considering purchasing this TV175

More information to follow.


Repro panels. Not original light. Fires up and runs. Did not check lights, but supposedly they all work correctly. Seat cover not original. Bodge job on front fender. Owner used lacquer to remove rattle can black spray paint to stock white color. Was found in a salvage yard. No title.

It started 2nd kick and I rode it around in 1st gear. Getting into 2nd was tricky. Needs a cable adjustment.

The asking price is $3000. It was listed at $3500 earlier on, but was not purchased. My mentors say that $3000 is asking too much for a project scooter. When you add up the cost of the scoot and what it will take to restore it versus what it will be worth the value doesn't even out. If it were a TV200 or SX200 I would be more likely to buy it on the spot, but I am not married to this bike, since I already have one in my garage in pieces and I paid a lot less. One mentor told me he'd pay no more than $800 for it without the title. It seems a fair offer and smart offer is $1,000. And I need to remember the bottom line and the value of the scoot when all is said and done. $3000 is too high for this specific scoot. Not a smart investment, especially if I would ever need to sell in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment