Thursday 3 July 2008

Whew!




I've had time to go over the SS180 to see what is actually missing, broken or 'bastardised beyond recognition'.

The biggest issues so far have been the broken hub assembly, the missing air filter, bellows and speedo cable and seals. I am fairly relieved that I will get this job done for about $400 including parts as I will do most of it myself and have found everything I need. I won't be changing the paint for now, just happy to get another Vespa off the scrap pile and back on the road.

It's all about the cosmetic stuff now but I have a list of stuff that is missing that I will try to find.

Luckily I have a good friend who is an engineer and will make some of the sacrificial items for me like cotter pins, welsh plugs etc as well as weld up repairs for the case or repair holes with helicoils, making this journey a little less stressful. I know at anytime if I ever get stuck I can call him and he'll help me through it but I get a big kick out of doing as much as I can by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment