Wednesday 19 September 2012

Ancora una volta - Imola!


Yes, I managed to get to the fair at Imola this year too. The "Imola Mostra e Scambio" was arranged 14-16 September on the Imola racetrack. About 2 000 vendors, maybe some fewer than last year.
As always a heaven for a scooter freak! Lots of Vespas and Lambrettas of course. And other italian brands. The Aermacchi Cigno below had a fake gas tank some 15 years before the Vespa SS50 and SS90.
I lay a bid on the Iso Milano, which was rejected. So I ended up with a 1987 Vespa PK 50 XL! Not one of my dream machines (compared to a Lambretta B or a SX 200 or a Vespa 98), but when I laid my eyes on it, the deal was struck. It's in working order, lights, indicators, fuel gauge (!) and brake light are also working!
That's how much I investigated it on the track. It's arriving to my home in about a week.
And it's a part of the Vespa history!
Later on there will be more blogposts, look out for a Gilera G50 and a Ducati scooter!

Very strange, an Aermacchi Cigno 125 from 1950! Fake gas tank!

A rough but nearly complete Iso Milano, Piccolo to you Swedes.


I didn't know that I was going to buy a PK 50!

Silvio sold the Vespa PK 50 XL to me.

My PK 50 XL, I think the colour is green...

No comments:

Post a Comment