Sunday 29 May 2011

The 1951 faro basso Vespa

This is the faro basso (low light or lampe unten) from the very first post in my blog. Thought it was time to show all of it. Somehow the Vespa is very beautiful in it's sad state. 
It was destined for the scrapyard when a friend of mine showed up at the old farmhouse to valuate an old Mercedes-Benz. Fortunately he thought of me and rescued the Vespa. The engine is seized, no side cowls or saddle. The road is visible through the floor...
It also seems to have been repainted sometime in a primer-like colour. I like that it has no speedometer, from 1953 the Vespa 125 (VM1) were sold in Sweden with a speedo as standard.
The plans? Well, I have some other scooters in line for restoration...
Could this in a distant future be a basis for Sei Giorni-replica?

The fan cowl was filled with material from the nature. The work of ants?

The headlamp has been seriously beaten.
The gas tank, I haven't examined it. Will there be rust?

No cylinder-cowl, I think I have a spare one.

No comments:

Post a Comment