Monday 10 December 2007

My second purchase: R1 shock conversion

(Sorry I rotated the picture before I saved it, but Blogger did not accept)

My second purchase is items needed for converting a Yamaha R1 or R6 rear shock for the Lambretta. Pictured above is a "184" shock from Century Springs and brass bushings. I spent a total of $40.00 on these items. A nice fellow from Lambretta Club USA named Jake posted a request to do a big order and I went in with him to cheapen the price of the springs.

For "detailed instructions on converting an R1 shock" copy and paste this url into your web browser:
http://www.lambretta.org/index.php?pid=13

I am NOT big on mods at all, but did not have a rear shock included with my TV when I bought it and I wanted a inexpensive performance shock. I will powder-coat the spring black to honor the factory look -- at least an effort to.

Now all I need to do is place an order on eBay for the rear shock. I hope to buy a $30 or less practically-NIB (new in box) R1 or R6 shock since some Yamaha riders upgrade their shocks before they hit their first 100 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment