Saturday 6 January 2007

Body work 30% done

I took these pictures two or three weeks ago when I posted the engine-side cowl restoration post. The body required mild to moderate work. Since these photos I am sure it looks a lot different.

There are a few "dents." Note the dent beneath the tail loght area and the two dents on the front of the scooter on the pictured above.

The streaking color you see here is a normal by-product of the PPG cleaner and conditioner I used on it.






The front fender had a slight tilt to it and some nicks and nacks. If you look at the "history" post you can see what it looked like before -- when it was still complete. I suspect the bike had been laid down once or more.


The glove box metal was thin on the underside in a few spots, but all in all in good shape.




As you can see this cowl is in MUCH better shape than the engine-side cowl was. My only concern is with the wider (incorrect) louvres I used on the engine cowl is the inconsistency with the manufacture's ribs on the picture cowl here. On the flip side, it's not possible for a person to look at both sides of the scooter at the same time without a mirror - ha.

You can see pictures of the engine-side cowl in the "engine-side cowl restoration" post on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment